KKR Team 2023: The Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) are a cricket team in India’s Indian Premier League that represents the city of Kolkata. The team is owned by famous Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan, actress Juhi Chawla, and her spouse Jay Mehta. They play their home games at the Eden Gardens stadium.
KKR is a popular team due to their association with celebrity owners. They made it to the IPL playoffs for the first time in 2011 and won the championship in 2012 and 2014. They hold the record for the longest winning streak by any Indian team in T20s.
Here you know
Gautam Gambhir is the team’s all-time leading run-scorer, and Sunil Narine is their leading wicket-taker. The official team theme is “Korbo, Lorbo, Jeetbo Re” (We will perform, fight, and win!), and their official colors are purple and gold.
Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) Team Information
|KKR full form:||Kolkata Knight Riders|
|Founded:||2008; 15 years ago|
|KKR Team Owner:||Red Chillies Entertainment|
|KKR Team Coach:||Chandrakant Pandit|
|KKR Team Captain:||Shreyas Iyer|
|KKR Team Color:||Purple and Gold|
|KKR Team City:||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Home ground:||Eden Gardens, Kolkata|
|Indian Premier League Win:||2, (2012, 2014)|
KKR Team Players List 2023
|Players Name||Role (Type)||Country||Paid (Auction)|
|Shreyas Iyer (C)||Batter||Indian||₹1,60,00,000|
|Shakib Al Hasan||All-Rounder||Bangladesh||₹1,50,00,000|
|David Wiese||All-Rounder||South Africa||₹1,00,00,000|
Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) IPL 2023 Schedule
- April 1, Saturday: Punjab Kings vs Kolkata Knight Riders at Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium in Mohali at 3:30PM IST
- April 6, Thursday: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Royal Challengers Bangalore at Eden Gardens in Kolkata at 7:30PM IST
- April 9, Sunday: Gujarat Titans vs Kolkata Knight Riders at Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad at 3:30PM IST
- April 14, Friday: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Sunrisers Hyderabad at Eden Gardens in Kolkata at 7:30PM IST
- April 16, Sunday: Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders at Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai at 3:30PM IST
- April 20, Thursday: Delhi Capitals vs Kolkata Knight Riders at Arun Jaitley Stadium in Delhi at 7:30PM IST
- April 23, Sunday: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Chennai Super Kings at Eden Gardens in Kolkata at 7:30PM IST
- April 26, Wednesday: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders at M Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru at 7:30PM IST
- April 29 Saturday: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Gujarat Titans at Eden Gardens in Kolkata at 3:30PM IST
- May 4, Thursday: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Kolkata Knight Riders at Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium in Hyderabad at 7:30PM IST
- May 8, Monday: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Punjab Kings at Eden Gardens in Kolkata at 7:30PM IST
- May 11, Thursday: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Rajasthan Royals at Eden Gardens in Kolkata at 7:30PM IST
- May 14, Sunday: Chennai Super Kings vs Kolkata Knight Riders at MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai at 7:30PM IST
- May 20, Saturday: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Lucknow Super Giants at Eden Gardens in Kolkata at 7:30PM IST
KKR Team Jersey 2023 & Colours
The Kolkata Knight Riders, or KKR for short, is a well-known franchise cricket team that plays in the Indian Premier League (IPL). The team competes in the league as the city of Kolkata’s representative and enjoys the support of devoted fans throughout the season.
In cricket, a team’s jersey is an essential part of their identity, and the KKR jersey is no exception. The KKR group pullover has gone through a few changes throughout the long term, yet the essential tone has stayed steady – purple and gold.
The majority of the jersey is purple, with logos and accents in gold. The striking combination of purple and gold reflects the opulence and aristocracy associated with Kolkata. The KKR team logo, which is a stylized emblem with the team’s initials in gold and a knight’s helmet on top, is prominently displayed on the chest of the jersey.
The head protector addresses the group’s name – Kolkata Knight Riders – and the possibility of the players being champions on the field. The jersey also features prominently the logos of the sponsors of the team. The primary sponsor’s logo is on the front of the chest, and other sponsors’ logos are on the sleeves and back.
KKR Team IPL Performantion
The Kolkata Knight Riders and the Royal Challengers Bangalore have been rivals for a long time in the IPL. They played the first IPL match ever, where KKR won because of Brendon McCullum’s incredible 158 not out off just 73 balls.
In 2009, RCB won both matches against KKR, including one where Ross Taylor made a quick 81 not out off just 33 balls. In 2012, KKR needed to win against RCB to make it to the playoffs. They did it thanks to Gautam Gambhir’s score of 93 off 51 and Lakshmipathy Balaji’s 4 wickets for 18 runs.
In 2015, a rain-affected match saw KKR score 111/4 in 10 overs with Andre Russell making 45 off just 17 balls. RCB struggled in reply but Mandeep Singh hit 45 off just 18 balls to give RCB hope.
In 2017, RCB were bowled out for just 49 runs, which was the lowest score ever in IPL history. Later that year, Sunil Narine scored the fastest fifty of that season in just 15 balls, leading KKR to an easy win.
In 2019, Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers scored a lot of runs for RCB, but Andre Russell took KKR to victory with his powerful hitting. In the next match, Kohli scored a century to help RCB win by 10 runs, despite Nitish Rana and Andre Russell’s big scores for KKR.
The Kolkata Knight Riders, or KKR for short, is a well-known franchise cricket team that plays in the Indian Premier League (IPL). Since its inception in 2008, the team has consistently performed well in the league. Shah Rukh Khan, Juhi Chawla, and her husband, Jay Mehta, are the owners of KKR.
In 2012 and 2014, KKR won the IPL championship twice. Additionally, in 2014 and 2019, they finished as runners-up twice. The team has a strong league record overall and has been to the playoffs several times in addition to these accomplishments.
Numerous factors contributed to the team’s success in the IPL. Their strong team composition is one of the most important factors. Gautam Gambhir, Yusuf Pathan, Robin Uthappa, and now Dinesh Karthik are just a few of the Indian players who have contributed significantly to KKR’s success. Also, the team has always had a lot of foreign players, like Brendon McCullum, Chris Lynn, Andre Russell, and Sunil Narine, who have helped the team win a lot of games.
FAQs on KKR Team
Who is the ownership of KKR?
The team was founded in 2008 and has been a consistent performer in the league over the years. KKR is owned by Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan, actress Juhi Chawla, and her spouse Jay Mehta.
Who will KKR retain players in 2023?
KKR retain players in 2023: Shreyas Iyer, Andre Russell, Umesh Yadav, Venkatesh Iyer, Rinku Singh, Ajinkya Rahane, Sheldon Jackson, Aaron Finch, Sam Billings, Varun Chakravarthy, Pat Cummins, Baba Indrajith, Nitish Rana, Pat Cummins, Tim Southee, Sunil Narine, Chamika Karunaratne, Pratham Singh.
Who is RCB captain in 2023?
Shreyas Iyer is RCB captain in 2023.
How much IPL KKR players cost in 2023?
Bought in IPL: N Jagadeesan (Rs 90 lakh), Vaibhav Arora (Rs 60 lakh), Suyash Sharma (Rs 20 lakh), Mandeep Singh (Rs 50 lakh), Shakib Al Hasan (Rs 1.5 crore), David Wiese (Rs 1 crore), Kulwant Khejroliya (Rs 20 lakh), Litton Das (Rs 50 lakh).