PBSK Team 2023: The Punjab Kings is a cricket team that plays in the Indian Premier League (IPL), based in Mohali, Punjab. It was established in 2008 as the Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) and is owned by four people. They play their home games at the PCA Stadium in Mohali, but sometimes also play in other cities like Dharamsala or Indore. The team has only made it to the playoffs twice in 13 seasons, with their best performance being in 2014 when they finished runners-up.
The Punjab Kings also played in the Champions League Twenty20 in 2014, where they made it to the semi-finals. In February 2021, they changed their name from Kings XI Punjab to Punjab Kings. In December 2022, they made history by bidding a record-breaking amount of Rs 18.50 crores to buy Sam Curran in the mini auction for the upcoming season of IPL.
Punjab Kings (PBSK) Team Information
|PBSK full form:||Punjab Kings|
|Founded:||2008 as Kings XI Punjab; 14 years ago|
|PBSK Team Owner:||Mohit Burman, Ness Wadia, Preity Zinta, Karan Paul|
|PBSK Team Coach:||Trevor Bayliss|
|PBSK Team Captain:||Shikhar Dhawan|
|PBSK Team Color:||Red and Light Grey|
|PBSK Team City:||Mohali, Punjab, India|
|Home ground:||Inderjit Singh Bindra Stadium, Mohali (capacity: 26,000)|
|Indian Premier League Win:||No record|
Punjab Kings (PBSK) Team 2023 Players List With Price
|Players Name||Role (Type)||Country||Paid (Auction)|
|Arshdeep Singh||Bowler||Indian||4 Crore|
|Rahul Chahar||Bowler||Indian||5.25 crore|
|Shikhar Dhawan (C)||Batter||Indian||8.25 crore|
|Shahrukh Khan||All-Rounder||Indian||9 crore|
PBKS Retained players
- Liam Livingstone
- Arshdeep Singh
- Shikhar Dhawan
- Kagiso Rabada
- Jonny Bairstow
- Shahrukh Khan
- Harpreet Brar
- Prabhsimran Singh
- Jitesh Sharma
- Rahul Chahar
- Raj Bawa
- Rishi Dhawan
- Baltej Dhanda
- Nathan Ellis
- Atharva Taide
- Bhanuka Rajapaksa
PBKS Schedule In IPL 2023
- Day 1: April 1, Punjab Kings v Kolkata Knight Riders, Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium, Mohali, 3:30pm (10am GMT)
- Day 2: April 5, Rajasthan Royals v Punjab Kings, Barsapara Cricket Stadium, Guwahati, 7:30pm (2pm GMT)
- Day 3: April 9, Sunrisers Hyderabad v Punjab Kings, Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Hyderabad, 7:30pm (2pm GMT)
- Day 4: April 13, Punjab Kings v Gujarat Titans, Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium, Mohali, 7:30pm (2pm GMT)
- Day 5: April 15, Lucknow Super Giants v Punjab Kings, Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium, Lucknow, 7:30pm (2pm GMT)
- Day 6: April 20, Punjab Kings v Royal Challengers Bangalore, Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium, Mohali, 3:30pm (10am GMT)
- Day 7: April 22, Mumbai Indians v Punjab Kings, Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai, 7:30pm (2pm GMT)|
- Day 8: April 28, Punjab Kings v Lucknow Super Giants, Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium, Mohali, 7:30pm (2pm GMT)|
- Day 9: April 30, Chennai Super Kings v Punjab Kings, MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai, 3:30pm (10am GMT)
- Day 10: May 3, Punjab Kings v Mumbai Indians, Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium, Mohali, 7:30pm (2pm GMT)
- Day 11: May 8, Kolkata Knight Riders v Punjab Kings, Eden Gardens, Kolkata, 7:30pm (2pm GMT)
- Day 12: May 13, Delhi Capitals v Punjab Kings, Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi, 7:30pm (2pm GMT)
- Day 13: May 17, Punjab Kings v Delhi Capitals, Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharamsala, 7:30pm (2pm GMT)
- Day 14: May 19, Punjab Kings v Rajasthan Royals, Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharamsala, 7:30pm (2pm GMT)
PBSK Team Launched Jersey 2023
Recently Punjab King has launched Jersey for you players, Punjab King’s players will be seen wearing this jersey in IPL to be held in 2023. The Jersey shown above has been posted by Punjab King on his Twitter account.
We have shared all the important information related to Punjab King with you here, if you are still missing something, then you must tell us in the comments section below and also share this article with your friends.
Punjab Kings (PBSK) Team IPL Performantion
In 2010, there was a problem between the BCCI and Lalit Modi related to the Indian Premier League. As a result, Kings XI Punjab and the Rajasthan Royals lost their places in the league. The teams didn’t agree with this decision and said they would take legal action to stay in the Indian Premier League.
They tried to talk to the league to find a solution, but it didn’t work out. So, they decided to file a case in Mumbai High Court. They accused the IPL of removing their teams so that they could get more money from other teams when the bidding process for the 2012 IPL season started.
On 20th September, a cricket match was played between two teams – Kings XI and Delhi Capitals. The Kings XI team was led by KL Rahul, who chose to field first. The match was very exciting and ended in a tie. In the end, Delhi Capitals won the match in a “Super Over” competition.
During the match, Delhi scored 157 runs in 20 overs, with Marcus Stoinis’ help. Punjab’s team also scored 157 runs in 20 overs in response. On 24th September, Kings XI Punjab played their first match of the season and won against Royal Challengers Bangalore by 97 runs.
KL Rahul and Mayank Agarwal opened the innings for Kings XI and made a score of 206/3 in 20 overs. Royal Challengers were bowled out for 109, losing the match. KL Rahul was the highest scorer and became the fastest Indian batsman to complete 2000 runs in IPL.
However, Kings XI lost some matches in between but managed to break their losing streak by winning matches against different teams like Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, and Kolkata. They lost their last match against Chennai Super Kings and finished sixth in the tournament.
KL Rahul was the highest scorer for Kings XI, while Mohammed Shami was the top bowler with 20 wickets from 14 matches.
FAQs on PBSK Team
Who is the owner of PBSK?
Mohit Burman, Ness Wadia, Preity Zinta, Karan Paul.
What is the full form of PBSK?
Who is the captain of PBK?
The cricket team known as Punjab Kings (PBKS) competes in the Indian Premier League (IPL). Established in 2008 under the name Kings XI Punjab (KXIP), the team has its headquarters in Mohali, Punjab. Mohit Burman, Ness Wadia, Preity Zinta, and Karan Paul own the team. Since 2010, they have also played some of their home games in either Dharamsala or Indore. Their home games are held at the PCA Stadium in Mohali.
The team has only made it to the playoffs twice in its 13 seasons. They had a great year in 2014, finishing as runners-up and at the top of the league table. However, other than that, they haven’t been very successful.